Here are some known issues and troubleshooting steps for the latest release of Her Story.
- Videos never play. The game requires OSX 10.8 onwards. It will not work on earlier versions.
- Videos sometimes don’t play on El Capitan. The update to Mac OSX 10.11+ has introduced a bug which sometimes makes videos not play. A fix for this is currently in progress.
- Videos never play. Earlier versions of Windows (e.g. Vista and 7) may not include the MPEG4 codec that the game uses. This will mean the movies do not play within the game. Installing an MPEG4 codec will fix this.
- The game crashes when playing videos and/or audio becomes distorted. The game can conflict with FFDSHOW and cause crashes. If this is installed, disable it or try adding Her Story to its blacklist.
iPad and iPhone
- No sound. Check the hardware mute button and/or the software mute button (slide up the volume controls and look for an icon of a bell with a line through it). If the mute is turned on, you will not get game audio.
- Subtitles become corrupt. On some earlier iPads, memory issues cause the subtitles to disappear or become corrupted. I am looking into a fix for this.
- Cannot change landscape orientation. Being unable to flip the game’s orientation is a known issue and a fix is in progress.
Contact for Tech Support
For further support queries or to report bugs, please use the contact page.